Each time you walking around with your dog, you may meet some people that usually asking one certain question about your dog. “What kind of dog is she?” . It’s really an easy question if you adopt your dog from a pet shop, but what if you take her from the road, or rescue her from a shelter?
You may don’t know your own dog’s kind, and you may just say that you rescue them from some place and you are not sure. If you want to get the definite answer, you need to go deeper. You can test the DNA of your Dog. There is Dog’s DNA Panel Test in the market that you may choose.
What you can choose? Here we will discuss about two product from the same brand that usually used by the dog’s owner to test their dog DNA. There are Wisdom Panel 2.0 and Wisdom Panel 3.0.
The two products is produce by the Wisdom Panel, but it has different type. Both products is have a high user rating in some of online marketplace such as Amazon.com. Now, let’s talk about each products feature so we will know which one will be suitable for us.
WISDOM PANEL 2.0
It is claimed that this DNA test panel is can uncover DNA-based insights that may help you understand your dog’s unique behaviors, appearance, and wellness needs by a simple swab cheeks. An official Ancestry Report revealing your dog’s genetic background including will be emailed to you including:
- The Mixed Breed Dog: breed ancestry identification back to great-grandparents
- The Purebred Dog: breed certification and level of genetic diversity
- The Designer Dog: certification that your dog is a true 50/50 hybrid of two purebred parents
- The Adult weight range prediction: to help you make appropriate nutrition and diet choices
- The Breed insights to help you provide a better training program, understand behavior, and create an effective care and wellness plan
How does this wisdom Panel 2.0 works?
It will scan into our database and assigned to a batch for testing after the sample is received at our lab, it is scanned into our database and assigned to a batch for testing. It then processed to extract the DNA from your dog’s cells which is examined for the 321 markers that are used in the test. The results of the marker will then sent to a computer that evaluated them using a program designed to consider all of the pedigree trees that are possible in the last three generations. See also: Garmin Sport Pro vs Delta Sport XC.
The trees considered include a simple pedigree with a single breed (a likely pure-bred dog), two different breeds at the parental level (a first-generation cross), and way up to the complex tree with eight different great-grandparent breeds allowed.
Our computer used information from our extensive breed database to fill these potential pedigrees. After the combination of ancestry trees built, each score representing how well that selected combination of breeds matched to your dog’s data will given by the computer. Then, the pedigree with the overall best score is the one which is selected and provided to you in your dog’s individualized report.
- you can uncover DNA-based insights that may help you understand your dog’s unique appearance, behaviors and wellness needs with just a simple cheek swab,
- to help you make appropriate nutrition and diet choices with adult weight range prediction
- to help you provide a better training program, understand behavior with the breed insights
- just with a single test allows you to test your dog ancestry back to great-grandparents
WISDOM PANEL 3.0
The next product is the wisdom panel 3.0. it is out in the market later than the wisdom panel 2.0. It is claim that it can test over 250 breeds, types, and varieties. It is considered as the most of any test on the market can do. It’s better than the previous generation, because it has larger database.
What it can do?
- you can do at home with just a simple cheek swab, it uses the most accurate & advanced breed identification method under patent. It can test for over 250 breeds, types, & varieties—the most of any test on the market.
- You can receive the genetic analysis of your dog’s ancestry & breed identification in mostly 2 weeks.
- The genetic testing can also help you identify breeds & specific health issues that may be important to the wellbeing of your dog. After getting the result, work with your veterinarian & use your results to develop training, nutrition & long-term healthcare plans.
- DNA analysis with DNA-based insights may help you understand your dog’s unique appearance, behaviors, and wellness needs.
How it Works?
This DNA test panels have more than 250 breeds that have information about varieties and types including all those recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and can be run for mixed-breed, designer, or purebred dogs. What is Wisdom Panel 3. 0 DNA Test? It can uncover DNA-based insights that may help you understand your dog unique behaviors, appearance, and wellness needs only with a simple cheek swab.
First, simply collect a skin cell sample from the inside of your dog’s cheek with the included swabs. Second step is activating your test online at the official website and mail the swabs back to our laboratory with the postage-paid shipping label. For about three weeks you will receive an e-mail with your dog ancestry report. For your attention that Activation of test online will allow immediate tracking of your sample as well as updates throughout the process of the test analysis. So, please be sure to complete all required fields on the activation form.
How long does it take to get the DNA result?
It generally takes 2-3 weeks for the sample to be tested, once the sample has been received at the lab, results generated. After the result is out, you will receive email notification when your report is available for viewing.
Wisdom Panel 2.0 vs 3.0
The ancestry tree can be tracking to up to three generations detail breed profiles. Breed ancestry tree going back three generations. It is also has detailed breed profiles for each of the breeds detected Multidrug Sensitivity (MDR1) genetic mutation screening results Adult weight range prediction that can help the nutrition and diet choices Ancestry certificate for framing just like the company claim.