Many may still not realize that our pets can feel alone too when the owner is not by their side. Whether you have a dog or a cat, they may miss your presence after a while. For pet owners who are worried about their fur and fur-less friends, pet cameras like WOpet Smart Pet Camera Vs Furbo can be a great solution to ease their stress. Here are some qualities you may want to know before deciding the option.
In this comparison, we are going to talk about:
- What are the Symptoms of Loneliness in Pet
- What are WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo
- How are the Design of WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo
- How are the Image Quality from WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo
- How are the Features in WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo
- How are the Performance of WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo
- WOpet Smart Pet Camera Vs Furbo
Loneliness Symptoms in Pet
As surprising as it may sound, animals can sense the lack of presence from their human companion, especially when they are not used to being left on their own or if you only have one pet at home. Sometimes the symptoms are more prominent but other times it is hard to pick up as well. If your pets are showing any of these symptoms, consider visiting a veterinarian to find a solution.
- You find them always following you around when at home. Both dogs and cats love to follow their owners and we see this as a regular habit but when you notice them being more clingy than usual, it may be a sign of loneliness or separation anxiety. We can provide comfort by paying more attention to them when at home or spend some time playing with them by giving them interesting toys to make them busy.
- Animals are like humans, they have different characters; some can be calm and composed while the other can be energetic and active. For those with pets that used to be active and energetic, it can be a sign of loneliness when they suddenly change their behavior. Similarly, we can spend more time playing with them or bring them to socialize with other animals to develop better social skills.
- For those with dogs, a sign where they lick or bite their own fur can be seen as a loneliness symptom as well. This is called as lick granulomas and dogs do it to relieve their boredom as it is a sign of anxiety in dogs. Usually the spot that they often bite or lick is the carpus or wrist and if not treated quickly, this can develop into major skin lesions.
- If you have a feline friend at home, cats tend to lose their fur when they are in extreme loneliness. We all know that cats love cleanliness but when they are left alone and stressed, the behavior can become damaging as they over-groom. Excessive hair loss is the result so if your cat suddenly loses lots of fur, it is wise to visit the vet as soon as possible.
- Both dogs and cats love napping and they seemingly can sleep anytime of the day but when you find your pet starts to sleep a lot during the day and awake at night, it is probably a symptom of loneliness because they want to try to avoid the boredom by sleeping. It may seem not harmful but this may disrupt their night rest.
About WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo
With the pandemic most of us are staying at home more often and this probably can help a lot for those whose pets are already showing symptoms of loneliness but many of us will come back to work soon or later as well. If your pet is alone or prone to showing these symptoms, it is probably wise to get something to communicate with them while we are away. A camera or monitoring tool should help as long as we can do two way communication.
If you have a security camera installed indoors, this device usually has a speaker and microphone to pick up the cat’s or dog’s noise and deliver our voice to them. If you want something that is also entertaining, we can try the pet camera that can dispense treats or food for them to enjoy. Many owners find this method to be useful and effective to ease the loneliness and to entertain the pet while they are away and because our pets love snacks, it is most likely to work.
WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo are some of the most popular options when you browse around for a pet camera. The Petcube that you can check in our Furbo Dog Camera Vs Petcube can be a good alternative as well. These cameras are not only useful for monitoring but also providing some entertainment. They are connected to your smartphone via Wi-Fi and the same to typical security cameras; we can access the cameras from their respective apps from our phone.
In comparison the WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo are very similar to each other when it comes to main functionalities but they are not identical. For example the two have good camera quality but Furbo is noticeably better so you may be able to get better details from the footage. But, you have to pay for a subscription when saving footage because Furbo doesn’t have internal storage. WOpet doesn’t have a local storage either but users can save the footage in the app.
WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo Design
Many pet cameras are very similar with plastic housing but Furbo is a bit unique because of its shape. This dispenser and camera device is coming in a flower vase shape combined with a bamboo lid which is arguably also aesthetically pleasing. WOpet on the other hand is tubular and is slightly bigger so we assume it can take more treats as well inside. Due to the shape they are meant to be placed on top of a flat surface like a table or cabinet.
The camera is located at the upper section of these devices so depending on what you put them on, we may have to consider the placement where the treat and camera can ideally capture your pet. Build quality wise they are very sturdy and unless your cats or dogs purposefully try to knock them out, the device should stand still. We do like Furbo however since it is heavier so it is harder to tilt. Both are Wi-Fi connected and are powered using regular detachable USB cable.
WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo Image Quality
Now for the most important part, let’s see what the WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo can offer starting from the video quality because many use them as a monitoring device and the main difference will be because Furbo is recording at 1080p while the WOpet is at 720p. The side by side comparison is actually not that much during the day and decent lighting but it is noticeable and personally we prefer the Furbo as it is pleasant and is also easy on the eyes.
Both have night vision and Furbo is much better here when there is lack of lighting. The footage looks significantly brighter and can show you the detail of further objects so this camera can be useful too as a home monitoring device.
WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo Features
Next is for the features part and these two do have their own app to set the device as well as accessing the camera and features while away. What’s interesting from WOpet is that you can find a physical control to dispense the treat which is not available in Furbo so the only way to get the treat is opening your app and sending the function. Talking about the app, they are equally useful but we have to say that Furbo is more user-friendly and reliable.
Our favorite part of Furbo is the smart feature because this camera has a smart alert that will detect barks so it will notify you when your dog is making a sound. It has a light indicator too so the dog knows when the camera is active or not; it is in the color that they can recognize, which is yellow and blue. Additionally Furbo has a subscription that adds features like emergency alerts and also footage cloud saving so we can download the video.
WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo Performance
Lastly on the performance side, both WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo are reliable and also working really well. The treat recommended size is about the same or 1 cm in diameter so we can use smaller treats too. In comparison WOpet contains more treats and also works better with larger bits because it can throw further and more accurately but when it comes to 1 cm treats, the Furbo is more accurate. WOpet also dispenses more treats in each throw compared to Furbo.
WOpet Smart Pet Camera Vs Furbo
Both WOpet Smart Pet Camera and Furbo are good options based on which seems to work best in your preference. The main differences besides price and how they look is that Furbo has a better camera quality, better accuracy in shooting, better features, and also not as easy to tilt when secured on a table. The WOpet can contain more threats and can work with larger bits as well as coming with a physical treat dispenser button.
The decision is all yours but comparing the two we do think Furbo is still a great choice, especially if you want the additional features and its reliable app. But, for those who want to save footage without paying a subscription, we recommend the WOpet.